Ashneer Grover is a Delhi- based Indian Entrepreneur-Businessman from Delhi. He was born on 14 June 1982. He spent his school life in Delhi and completed his graduation from B.Tech Civil in Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and further pursued his MBA diploma in management-finance from Indian Institute of Management Ahmadabad.
Ashneer Grover Biography
He is famously known for being the founder and CEO of the online payment app- BharatPe. The app was launched by Mr. Grover and his two partners, Mr. Shashvat Nakrani and Mr. Bhavik Koladiya, on March 20, 2018, and since then, the application has been used widely all over India.
The app has gained more popularity over the years as it helps the Grocery stores/ Kirana Stores and Small Merchants to maintain their selling of products and keep track of the records. BharatPe app currently has 1 Crore+ download on Play Store, displaying its popularity and efficient use.
Ashneer Grover is a self-made man, which is evident through his hard work and his struggles which he has mentioned various times. For instance, he started BharatPe with six employees as they could not afford more expenses, and to promote the application, he, along with his spouse, used to stick the posters in front of the merchant outlets.
With his hard work and dedication, Mr. Grover has won the Entrepreneur of the Year Award in 2021 and was also presented the prestigious young achiever’s award in January 2021.
Ashneer Grover Personal Life and Family
Mr. Grover got married to Madhuri Jain Grover, an entrepreneur who previously worked as HR and Finance Manager at BharatPe while managing other internal operations. She is an interior designer and has worked with renowned people like Alok Industries and Satya Paul, Actor Asin and her husband.
Mrs. Grover also owns a furnishing brand-named Mauve and Brown. As a passionate interior designer, she has also designed their own house in Delhi. Ashneer and Madhuri Grover are two children, their 11-year-old son Avy Grover and daughter Mannat Grover. Ashneer’s father is a chartered accountant, whereas his mother is a teacher.
Ashneer Grover Professional Timeline
Ashneer has professional experience in different companies in different positions. BharatPe is used widely as it has got a suitable reaction from its customers; with inside the last two years, Bharat Pe has won greater than 1,000,000 customers and Kirana Stores.
● Ashneer Grover joined as the vice chairman in Kotak Financing Bank from May 2006 to May 2013.
● He served as the Director of Corporate Development of American Express from May 2013-March 2015
● He started as Chief Financial Officer of Grofers (Now called blinkit) from March 2015 to August 2017.
● Then, he was made as “Head Of New Business” with PC Jeweller Limited in November 2017.
● After October 2018, he was the Founder and Managing Director of Bharat Pe.
● Mr. Grover also appears as a judge on the Television Reality-show Shark Tank India on Sony Tv India.
Early Life of Ashneer Grover
Ashneer Grover was one of those who is the rank holder of his batch of B.Tech in Civil Engineering from IIT Delhi. Ashneer Grover was always a dedicated and bright, witty person. He and his five other colleagues got shortlisted for a student exchange program for INSA Lyon- Institute National des Sciences Appliquées de Lyon (France). This happened in the academic year 2002-03 when the France Embassy awarded him a scholarship of €6000.
Ashneer Grover Latest Headlines
The Indian Entrepreneur has lately been in the headlines for various reasons. Some of them are as follows:
- The fintech enterprise BharatPe on March 2 eliminated co-founder Ashneer Grover. He and his family are accused of drastically misappropriating the enterprise’s funds. Mr. Grover, in his resignation letter, mentioned that he is being vilified and treated in the most disgraceful manner. He wanted to do an on-air television interview to prove his innocence.
- BharatPe has been embroiled in a tussle with co-founder Mr. Grover because Madhuri Jain Grover, the spouse of Mr. Grover, head of controls at BharatPe, was sacked from the fintech enterprise on allegations of misappropriation of funds. She was accused of usingenterprisecash for her circle of relatives’overseas journeys and paying her private staff.
- He also grabbed the limelight because of his presence as one of the seven sharks on the TV Show Shark Tank India as he appeared to be very hard to impress and convince. Also, his rough and harsh appearance made him grab the headlines. His famous line, “Sab Doglapan Hai,” from the TV Show also made him the center of attraction for the youth, and people started making memes with his template and the dialogue.
- Another incident that caught attention was when his wife was spotted wearing a brand’s dress he refused to invest in at the show. People captured this moment and used his dialogue to backfire him for the statement saying: “No one in my family would wear this.”
- In January 2022, a viral abusive audio clip went viral in which Ashneer can be heard having a huge fight and arguing with Kotak Mahindra Bank. The bank alleged he and his wife threatened one of the bank employees. Although, later, it was clarified by him saying it was a fake clip.
Ashneer Grover Net worth
According to GQ India, the shark-tank judge’s net worth stands at US$ ninety million, making him one of the wealthiest sharks at the show. The 39-year- classic Shark has a pricey lifestyle of US$ four million home, grand vacations, and his series of high-quit cars.