Cowin App Download, Registration Process, Required Documents, Login Details– CoWin app is for every Indian citizen to register themselves for vaccine registration. We all are aware of the amount of panic and hype that was created by this threatening Coronavirus in the past two years! People were dying, while some were affected by the virus, the others for losing their employment. However, medical science finally came up with a solution to fight back.
How does the CoWIN application came into inception?
CoWin is only when the vaccines started becoming available to the countrymen that there seemed to be a ray of hope for all. There were challenges in that too! It became really difficult for everyone to survive until the Serum Institute of India and Bharat Biotech came up to deliver vaccines. At first, it started with the frontline workers, and then the dosage began for people above the age of 50 years.
It was back then on December 23, 2020, that Ravi Shankar Prasad, the IT minister finally announced a provision to challenge the system and come up with a digital platform through which people got the scope to register themselves and start applying for the vaccine. Previously, it was very much unorganized, but it is after Prasad introduced this app system and he even announced to give out a cash prize of 40 lakhs and 20 lakhs for the competitors for developing the application.
CoWIN App Download
First of all, you must know that this Cowin application is particularly created in order to make the vaccination process easier for the citizens of the country. I guess all of you must have downloaded this application till now but in case you haven’t done it yet, make sure that you do it straight away. Yeah, this is because there is no other procedure to get yourself vaccinated or fetch the vaccination certificate other than getting it through the CoWIN app.
Step 1– Simply visit the Google play store if you are using an Android phone or take a tour to Apple’s app store if you are accessing an iPhone.
Step 2 – You can easily find the CoWIN application readily available therein.
Step 3 – Simply CoWin app download from there and then you can get yourself registered from the same.
Step 4 – However, since you will have to offer a little information about yourself to get registered with a unique identity, make sure that you have entered the right credentials.
Step 5 – Also, you must know that there are times when you switch on the restricted mode from your Settings, so in case you have had done it, change the configuration prior to the registration.
Registration Process for CoWIN App
- As soon as you have downloaded the CoWIN application, your first task will be to get onboarded and register yourself as a member.
- Well, as soon as you get started with the app, you will be asked to provide your mobile number. Make sure that you are entering it correctly.
- Now, you will be receiving an 6 digit OTP on the mobile phone number that you have just put on the screen in the form of an SMS. Enter the OTP in the given field, and you shall be able to verify yourself on the application.
- On the Welcome page, you will see a tab as “Register member.” Click on it and you will be redirected to the next screen.
- Enter your name and gender as asked.
- Then, put your year of birth and then select an option from the drop down menu of Photo ID proof.
- Next, enter the photo ID proof number.
- Once done, you can click on the Register button below.
- On successful registration, you will receive a notification stating that it is done!
- You will also receive your appointment details and a reference ID will be generated as well.
- Now, you need to schedule your vaccine dose. You can search by entering your Pincode or mentioning your district and you will see the availability of different locations. You can also choose one among the three – Covaxin, Covishield and Sputnik V.
- Choose one that matches your preference and then select the time slot. You can either go for the free slots or the paid ones as well.
- Click on Confirm button once you are done.
Documents Needed to Register on CoWIN
The available options include Aadhar card, PAN card, Voter ID, NPR Smart card, Driving license, Passport, and pension passbook. Choose the one that you are comfortable sharing with!
In case you do not have any of the aforementioned photo ID proofs, you can select your Student photo ID card too which is recently made applicable for young students. Also, it is important to carry an ID proof along with yourself when you go for the dosage and even record your reference number.
Fees to Register on CoWIN
Since the CoWIN application is a government portal, you do not need to pay anything to register yourself as a beneficiary on this application. You can register up to 3 members against the same phone number on the CoWIN app.
|Cowin Website||Click Here|
|OSSTET Homepage||Click Here|
Hope you are able to access the CoWIN App download, Registration Process, Login details from www.CoWIN.gov.in link and click on the “Save to you” tab for registration COVID19 vaccination.