Marriage Certificate Online Registration in Tamil Nadu- Now that you are all set to tie a knot with your partner, did you even bother to get your marriage certificate? It’s fantastic to go for pre and post wedding photoshoots, but simultaneously, you should also ensure that your marriage is legal. A marriage certificate is essential when you are planning for an international honeymoon.
It is nothing but an official declaration that gives a helpful definition to a relationship between two adults. It can either abide by the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act 1954, wherein the Supreme court in the year 2006 made it mandatory to get the marriages registered to safeguard the rights of the female.
Why Register for Marriage Certificate in Tamilnadu?
Primarily, the registration for a marriage certificate is meant to acknowledge and safeguard the rights of the female party in a marriage. Also, it is essential to opt for different kinds of documentation, including opening a joint bank account, opting for a partner visa for the spouse, claiming for your insurance return, changing the maiden name for an aadhar card and ration card, as well as adding the name of your spouse in the passport.
If you are already set for your marriage, I suggest you conduct the marriage registry before the social marriage. Consequently, if you are already married, you must get it registered in the court of law to ensure that you get all the rights you deserve!
Documents Required for Marriage Registration 2022
These are the documents required for marriage registration:
- Residential proof
- Proof of age – Birth certificate or Driving License or Marksheet photocopy of Aadhar card
- A photocopy of the ID of the parents of both the bride and the groom
- Individual photographs
- Affidavits in the desired format
- Wedding photo
- Oath letter of the bride and the groom
- Affidavit from bride and groom with undertaking
- Punchnama from Parishad, or Marriage hall receipt
- A certification from the priest declaring your marriage to be successful
- A photocopy of your wedding invitation card
- According to the Christian Marriage Act, the Church certificate and dispatch number.
- A residency proof and two witnesses with a valid identity of each one of them
Amma Cement Scheme Apply Online 2022
To register for marriage certificate, the Amma Cement scheme needs to ensure the following eligibility criteria:
- The groom must be 21+ years of age, while the bride needs to be at least 18 years of age to get married.
- Both the groom and the bride must have their consent to the marriage in their own will
- Neither the groom nor the bride can have another legally married spouse
- The marriage needs to be conducted before the government officials
- Two witnesses should acknowledge the marriage from either of the parties
Marriage Certificate Online Registration in Tamil Nadu
- At first, you will have to reach out to a registrar or a sub-registrar’s office.
- You may even search for someone conducting these marriage procedures online by visiting https://tnreginet.gov.in/ and then start filling up all the details required to complete the marriage registration form after logging in to the website user.
- The registrar needs to be physically present.
- Both online, as well as the offline process of application, are valid.
- Once you have applied, book an appointment.
- As per the schedule allotted, visit the registrar.
- You will need to submit or upload the documents above to the registrar for further verification.
- The certificate will be issued only after successful verification of the submitted documents.
Marriage Certificate Tamil Nadu Application Form PDF Download– Click Here
Download Marriage Certificate Tamil Nadu PDF
- At first, you will have to visit the website https://tnreginet.gov.in/ from any of your preferred web browsers.
- Select the main menu to eServices.
- Now click on the Search button.
- Next, click on the Marriage certificate button.
- A new web page will appear before you on the screen. Select the Marriage type.
- Fill in the required details in the respective fields.
- Click on the Search button.
- On successful verification, your tn marriage certificate soft copy will appear before you on the screen.
We hope now you are able to apply for marriage certificate in tamil nadu online also don’t forget to download & print it. If you have any doubt regarding it then ask in the comment box.
If you are registering your marriage in the court of law, you will need to pay a sum of 100/- almost.
It will take a maximum of 30 days or one month to issue your marriage certificate, provided that your document verification went successful.
You may be asked to submit your marriage certificate to apply for visa, immigration, or change of name in the Pan Card.
There is no bar in terms of religion for issuing your marriage certificate. Whether Hindu, Sikh, Jain, or Buddhist, people from all religions can apply for a marriage certificate as proof of their relationship.
|Official Website||Click Here|
|OSSTET Homepage||Click Here|