SSC GD 2023 Registration, Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Date– The SSC GD 2023 is a government recruitment exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. This is a General Duty Constable examination that aims to recruit eligible candidates in India’s different governmental departments and ministries.
SSC GD or Staff Selection Commission, General Duty, recruits’ constables in various sectors, namely the Border Security Force, Secretariat Security Force (SSF), Assam Rifles, the Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), National Investigation Agency (NIA), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
SSC GD 2023 Notification
The dates for the SSC GD examinations are not fixed. However, the SSC GD 2023 examinations will likely be conducted in June of 2023. The recruitment for which will start in February of 2023. The official tentative dates (at the time of writing this article) for which are given below.
Staff Selection Commission Constable Examination 2023– It is very simple process to register online can be quickly completed within a few steps. SSC GD registration is essential as candidates will not fill out the SSC GD application form unless they have registered themselves.
SSC GD Registration 2023
Follow these steps to register yourself for SSC GD 2023 examinations.
- Open the official website. To do so, you can visit SSC.nic.in/registration or click here.
- You can fill out the mandatory details. A picture has been provided of the information requested.
- Some of the required information you have to fill in is your full name, phone number, 10th, and 12th roll number, and date of birth.
- After you save the information, you have filled in, an OTP will be sent to the mobile number or email ID you have entered in the registration form.
- After your mobile number and email id have been verified, you will be directed to another page where you will need to fill up additional information such as your photo, signature, Aadhaar number, identification marks, etc.
- After clicking the ‘Final submit’ button, several OTPs will be delivered to the telephone number and email address you gave. Upon verification of the email id and mobile number, your SSC GD registration 2023 will be completed, and you will be registered for the SSC GD examination.
- Lastly, create your SSC GD account.
SSC GD Eligibility Criteria 2023
THE SSC HAS SET different SSC GD eligibility criteria so that only those fit for the job can take part in the examinations. These criteria include educational qualifications, physical fitness, nationality, and age limit. If you are preparing to give the SSC GD examinations, you must have an in-depth idea of the eligibility criteria. The SSC GD eligibility criteria that have been put are as follows.
Academic Qualification for ssc gd- The candidate must have passed the 10th standard or have a matriculation certificate from a recognized institution. They can apply for the SSC GD 2023 examinations only if they have this qualification. Thus, academic qualification is essential. Otherwise, candidates will not be able to use it.
- Physical Fitness
The candidates must pass specific physical fitness tests to qualify for SSC GD. Those candidates who have passed the SSC GD 2023 examinations will be shortlisted for the physical fitness tests. These tests are divided into the Physical Eligibility Test (PET) and Physical Standard Test (PST) that are overlooked by the members of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF). These physical fitness tests are different for men and women and differ according to the categories of the candidate. The eligibility criteria for this test can be summarized below;
- SSC GD 2023 PET
|Race||24 minutes to cover 5 km||8.5 minutes to cover 1.6 km|
|Race (in Ladakh regions)||6.5 minutes to cover 1.61 km||minutes to cover 800m|
- SSC GD 2023 PST
|Category||Height (male) (cm)||Height (female) (cm)|
|Candidates from General, SC, and OBC||170||157|
|Candidates from ST category||162.2||150|
|ST candidates from North-Eastern States||160||147.5|
|Candidates from hilly regions||165||155|
If you have Indian citizenship, you become eligible to take the SSC GD 2023 exams. However, those candidates who have migrated elsewhere can also apply for SSC GD if they submit domicile or PRC against their state.
Only those candidates between the ages of 18 and 23 can apply for the SSC GD 2023 applications. However, certain relaxations have been given by the SSC for those candidates from veteran’s backgrounds, categories such as SC, ST, OBC, and other specific categories. People from veterans’ experiences and OBC categories have an increased age limit of 26 years, and candidates from SC and ST have an advanced age limit of 28 years.
SSC GD Application Form 2023
Only those candidates can fill the application form who have registered themselves and have an SSC GD account. Thus, it is essential for the candidates first to note themselves to apply for the SSC GD 2023 examinations. If you have already registered yourself, then you can follow these steps to fill out the SSC GD application form.
- To fill out the SSC GD application form, you must go to the official SSC page. To do so, you can go to ssc.nic.in and log in using your email id and password.
- After logging in, go to the ‘Latest Notification’ tab, under which you will need to click on the SSC GD Constable section.
- You will then have to click on the ‘Apply Now button below the SSC GD Constable Notification. Following that, you’ll be taken to the SSC GD application form.
- Attentively, you can then submit your details and the form.
- You will then be redirected to another page where you must fill in additional information, such as your photograph and signature.
Note: You must follow the instructions given by SSC concerning the file size and dimensions of your photograph and signature.
- Lastly, pay the application fee to complete your application process.
SSC GD Exam Date 2023
Although no fixed date has been announced when the SSC GD exam will be held, SSC has given some tentative dates for the SSC GD exams to be conducted.
Frequently Asked Questions
The SSC GD paper is a total of 100 marks. Candidates have to answer four sections of 25 effects each.
SSC GD constables from different sectors (BSF, CRPF, SSF, SSB, NIA, etc.) have a basic pay of ₹ 21,700 to ₹ 69,100 per month in 2023.
The Staff Selection Commission GD Constable exam date is yet to announce but expected date is 23rd June this year.